Trans-national access to simulation chambers
EUROCHAMP-2020 provides a significant increase in opportunities for accessing 16 of the most advanced simulation chambers for atmospheric research available in Europe. The diverse range of chambers offering TNA access enables researchers to choose the most appropriate platform to tackle their specific research questions and it also promotes trans-discpilinary studies.
TNA is open to all external users, including from SMEs and a percentage of access is reserved also to users from outside Europe. Users refer to any scientific researcher student, engineer, technician who needs the support of a simulation chamber to carry out a scientific project in the EUROCHAMP-2020 context.
Support to users include:
- Free physical and remote access to and use of the simulation chamber, including its instrumentation, data from permanent instruments, additional workspace to bring and use own instruments (limitation may apply due to local regulations and restrictions)
- Scientific and technical support
- Administrative support
COVID update: due to the COVID travel restrictions, our TNA programme offers the opportunity to carry projects remotely. TNA projects based on remote access will of course keep the same evaluation criteria on science and technical quality, training opportunity, gender balance. Some additional criteria will be included, such as:
- The solidity of the strategy for the deployment of the project remotely (organization between the local and the external staff, follow up from remote by the external team, etc.);
- The capacity to include and adapt the training aspect;
- The local staff availability to run the planned experiments without the participation of the guest team.
To know more about the application procedure for remote access, please click here.
To access the application procedure, please click here.
TNA proposals will be provided to selected groups (teams of one or more researchers) led by a user group leader (PI). To be considered eligible, a proposal must respect the following conditions:
- The TNA project PI and the majority of the users must work in a country other than the country where the installation is located. TNA for user groups with a majority of users not working in a EU or associated country is possible (limits apply).
- Only user groups that are allowed to disseminate the results they have generated under the action may benefit from the access, unless the users are working for a private company.
To facilitate TNA, users may benefit from a contribution which covers travel, subsistence costs and instrumentation and samples shipping. The financial support is offered only upon request and it is based on the costs of living of the chosen country and the number of users in the project.
If financial support is granted to a project, the remboursement of the grant will happen at the end of the project and through the institution in charge of the visited simulation chamber, after the users' group has provided all the mandatory TNA reporting documents.