Trans-national access to calibration facilities
EUROCHAMP-2020 supports trans national access to four simulation chamber related calibration facilities:
• AIDA Calibration Centre for Cloud Physics (ACloud)
• Calibration Centre for Soot Measurements (CCSM)
• World Calibration Centre for Aerosol Physics (WCCAP)
• Organic Tracers and Aerosol Constituents Calibration Centre (OGTAC CC)
TNA is open to all external users, including from SMEs or industry. A percentage of access is also possible for users from outside Europe. .
Support to users include:
• Free access to and use of the calibration centre, including its instrumentation, data from permanent instruments, additional workspace to bring and use own instruments (limitation may apply due to local regulations and restrictions)
• Travel and subsistence support
• Scientific and technical support
• Administrative support
Applications for trans-national access to the calibration facilities can be submitted to the project office any time between December 2016 and November 2020. However, for some calibration centers the application must refer to scheduled calibration or training workshops. Please click here for further details on To access the application procedure., please click here.
TNA proposals will be provided to selected groups (teams of one or more researchers) led by a user group leader (PI). To be considered eligible, a proposal must respect the following conditions:
• The TNA project PI and the majority of the users must work in a country other than the country where the installation is located. TNA for user groups with a majority of users not working in a EU or associated country is possible (limits apply).
• Only user groups that are allowed to disseminate the results they have generated under the action mey benefit from the access, unless the users are working for a SME.
To facilitate TNA, the users may benefit from a contributioncan receive support which to covers travel and subsistence (T&S) costs. The financial support is offered only upon request and it is based on the costs of living of the chosen country and the number of users involved in the project.
If financial support is granted to a project, the reimboursement of the grant will happen at the end of the project and through the institution in charge of the visited calibration centre, after the users' group has provided all the mandatory TNA reporting documents.